I had used Starving Students (2) x in the last 4 years and had great results.What I was not told when I called this time, is that Starving Students no longer does the actual move themselves - they broker the moves out.

They guaranteed me a Saturday move between 8 - 12 noon. They charged a deposit 12 days in advance to guarantee this date/time. The Friday before the move they provided a confirmation - then later in the day they changed the time from 1-5 instead of 8 - 12. When I called to advise them that this was unacceptable because I had scheduled other services for the afternoon based on my am appointment with them, I found out that the person who I made the appointment with had forgotten to submit my order and now I did not have an appointment at all for Saturday.

I got no help from dispatch and was told to contact the movers directly. The moving company was the one that told me that they just got the order and would not be able to move me until SUNDAY. I had no choice but to accept this, but it wreaked havoc on my move, cable companies, internet service appointments, etc. My husband and I ended up physically moving much more than we intended to personally move.

This resulted in physical injuries and a visit to the Dr.'s office after the move was finally over. FYI, the movers on Sunday, showed up 4 hours late. The whole experience was a nightmare.

I tried to file a complaint with Starving Students; they never even had the courtesy to call me back.DO NOT USE STARVING STUDENTS.

Review about: Moving Service.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Had an Experience with Starving Students Movers?

Comments

Dear Customer,

I apologize for the experience you had. Please email me so I may find a solution to the problem.

aknaub@ssmovers.com