I contracted with STARVING STUDENTS to move three items (refrigerator, dish washer and stove). Starving Students subcontracted to Henry Moving! Painful lesson learned, find out who will be actually doing the work!!

Under no circumstance use these people!!!! the following happened to me.

A. I have not received a receipt for my payment to Henry Moving.

B. My refrigerator was damaged during the MOVE! The refrigerator was not transported upright (Moving 101# tells you to always transport refrigerators upright). During the reassembly of the refrigerator it was plugged in per instruction of the DRIVER. The best practice after moving a refrigerator is keep it unplugged for 24 hours, in order for the gases to resettle! The refrigerator now needs to be serviced!!!

C. The moving team had the wrong address for the pick-up and delivery site. They didn't have any IDs or uniforms ( a tee shirt with the company's name on it would suffice. My female relative was nervous to let them in the apt.). The truck was not marked and decrepit. This is not what I expect from Professional Movers. I agree with Toni S. someone must be paying for the positive reviews!!!

D. Their alleged customer service dept. is unresponsive they do not return telephone calls. They have referred me to the third party who did the work. They are not assuming any responsibility for their contractor.

I am completely dissatisfied with the service which is unacceptable given the amount of money that was charged. This is the first review I have ever written! They are that bad!!!!

Kevin L.

Product or Service Mentioned: Starving Students Movers Moving Service.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments