Featured Not resolved
1.7

December 2017 is the date of the move

I have about 3000.00 dollars of damage but did not purchase the extra insurance as I understand there might be scratches and a few items might break, I was not prepared for the amount of preventable damage to my items. The items arrived in a different truck then than they were loaded onto.

I was told they would not do that. Then when they unloaded the items into our storage unit, they stacked garage tools on top of boxes marked FRAGILE. Broken legs on furniture, numerous scratches and gouges on a handpainted Japanese screen, chunks of wood missing from my dining room table and chairs, broken scrolling on our antique Chinese bench, broken marble slab, broken mirror for the antique dresser, broken headboard, scratched footboard on another bed, broken lamp, broken back of our electric recliner. My great grandmothers desk chair had broken spindles on the back, The list goes on, This is not damage due to moving.

This is damage due to careless and thoughtless moving. Starving Students did not take customary care of our household items. It was negligence, haphazardness, dereliction and pure disregard for our home goods. Starving Students has offered me 300.00 to cover the damage.

Are you kidding me?? I would rather spend money to go to court! They did not use ordinary care. They used no care.

Save your time, money and furnishings, Call a professional mover.. These pictures are just a sample of the damage

Product or Service Mentioned: Starving Students Movers Moving Service.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: I will accept 2000.00 for repair of damages.

I didn't like: Confusion of who is responsible for the damage who to call.

Comments